Who are we?
OWN WA is an organisation of and for mature women who seek to enrich their lives and those of others by involvement in:
- Discussion groups
- Fun and friendship
- Information sharing
- Mutual support
- Theatre group
- Social gatherings
Our Aims and Objectives
- To encourage awareness of older women’s interests
- To promote enrichment of life, mutual support, companionship and friendship amongst older women
- Social interaction, learning, health and exercise
- To promote awareness by Governments of older women’s concerns i.e. housing, health, safety, income, security, transport, home and community care, etc
- To achieve recognition of the voluntary contribution of older women in society
- To present a positive image of older women and to celebrate ageing
- To provide and distribute information for and about older women
OWN WA is open to all women over the age of 50 years.
- We advocate for the well-being of women
- Hold regular meetings
- We publish a quarterly Newsletter
- We are an affiliated member of National Council of Women WA and The Council on the Ageing WA
Gosnells Older Women’s Network
The Gosnell’s group operates within OWN WA to cater for members’ interests.
As a member of OWN WA you are welcome to attend all the meetings.
Meet on: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
Uniting Church Hall, Hicks Street
Time: 12 noon to 2.30pm
Patricia: 9459 2014
Fay: 9398 2464
Contact OWN WA
You can contact us via the form below: